Crystals to Keep In Your Car
Driving in Colorado certainly has its issues, especially with the influx of new residents, who may have never driven in snow (here are some tips for you flatlanders). In addition our state is a tourist destination (Who wouldn’t want to visit our outstanding mountain vistas?) and driving in Colorado can test your sanity. So, you may be wondering what crystals to keep in your car to help keep you safe? Of course there is, so let’s take a look at what might be beneficial to stash in your vehicle before heading out on the road.
Crystals to Keep In Your Car
Moonstone. Who doesn’t love moonstone’s irresistible iridescent quality?
Melody in “Love is in the Earth” calls moonstone the “travelers stone” for protection against the perils of travel. She also states Moonstone brings calmness coupled with awareness. A must stone as you keep your eye on other drivers.
- Cerussite. If you use your vehicle for business, then grab a piece of Cerussite. It is a wonderful grounding stone that allows one to feel at home in all environments giving it the ability to help business travelers, writes Melody. This is a soft stone at 3-3.5 on the Mohs hardness scale, so it’s difficult to find in jewelry. https://www.nps.gov/articles/mohs-hardness-scale.htm
- Black Tourmaline and Selenite. Black Tourmaline repels negative energy, while Selenite infuses the car with white angel light. Selenite also cleanses and recharges the Black Tourmaline so it does not hold onto negative energy.
- Sunstone and Hematite. Sunstone with flashes of copper and Hematite is perfect for your car as it helps protect children. Melody likes this stone combination as it “protects one during land travel.”
- Fluorite. Fluorite comes in an array of colors and helps one maintain focus. It is used for studying and would be great addition to your car so you can remain focused on the road and other drivers.
- Amethyst. Amethyst helps create a protective bubble of light around the wearer. Place one in your vehicle to keep protect you, your passengers and the vehicle.
These are the best crystals to keep in your car, however, there are other items you can add to your metaphysical mix to protect you when you're out and about.
Angels and Saints
- St. Christopher has long been hailed as the travelers’ saint and according to legend, he was crossing a river when a child asked to be carried across.
- Archangel Michael is known as the protector and is an excellent choice to call upon when traveling. But did you know Archangel Raphael, who is identified as the healer, is also known for protecting travelers? In the Book of Tobit, Archangel Raphael accompanied Tobit’s son on a journey to recover the father’s money.
Other Beneficial Items
Sweetgrass. I love the smell of sweetgrass, and I keep a braid of it in my
car for blessings and protection, and attracting good spirits and positive energy. All essential when hitting the road.
- Holy Water. I love the array of holy water sprays at our stores and keeping a bottle in your car will not only freshen up the space, it can help keep you and your car protected. There’s a Lavender spray to help keep calm and relaxed when driving in traffic. Archangel Raphael and Archangel Michael sprays to call the angels into your space. And don’t forget Smudge in Spray to banish all that negative energy you may encounter on the road.
Before your next big trip or even your next commute stop by one of our three locations to find many of these items.